Wednesday, March 18, 2015

The Ecclesiazusae (Assemblywomen) a Utopian?


When we read The Ecclesiazusae I was very intrigued by the discussion and how a lot of the group brought up the idea of a utopian society. I did not really get that from the story when I first read it, but I can get where people were coming from. I don’t think I got the idea of a perspective utopian society because I know that as humans we are imperfect and because of that a utopian society can only be an idea. I do like the way that it was presented in the story. Women thought they could rule better then men so they tricked the men into letting them be in charge. The ideas they had were interesting, but they had no practical execution to their plans. The rules were unclear at times. The idea if a woman ruling at that time was unheard of and this idea seemed to be a bit of a joke to me. We strive to have a society that is ran right, but we are only human. This story showed me that no matter who is running things and no matter how they run things, things will go wrong. A utopian society is something that is nice to think about, but people are too imperfect to come together perfectly. Our imperfections make us human.

No comments:

Post a Comment