Wednesday, March 18, 2015

A Reteaching


I recently went back to my high school to pick up some paperwork because I was transferring schools and some of the schools wanted my high school transcripts. While at the school I thought I would stop in and see some of my favorite teachers. One of those teachers was my English teacher all throughout school. I owe her so much and it is always nice to stop in and see her. I got there a bit before the class was out so I sat out in the class and listened to her teach. They had just finished Antigone and it was interesting to listen to what they thought of the play. There was a boy who said that Antigone was foolish to bury her brother because he was a betrayer. I then got to listen to my old teacher teach these young kids the morals in Antigone and I was moved. It was so amazing to listen to her explain the story to these kids and help shape the way that they interpret things. It is great to see people teach the humanities to a younger group and see how they use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment