Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Art walk


The loop trail in town is a great place too be one with nature, but it is also a great place to view art. This year there are some really great pieces that I have really enjoyed. One is a very colorful modern sculpture called “Captain Cubust” by the artist Chuck Fitzgerald. It is one of my favorites. It is great too look at and it makes me think. I recently went on a walk with my sister and the three year old she watched and “Captain Cubust” was clearly his favorite piece we walked by. He instantly knew what it was and was walking around it pointing out all the different parts to us. He ran over to it all on his own yelling “look at the ear!” The colors and form make it very interesting to look at and it really draw in your eye, I took pictures from all sides because you really have to see it all around to appreciate it. I love the colors and shapes within the sculpture. I think my favorite thing about it is the indents in his chin that look like another little face. I really recommend an art walk, it is a great way to see many different types of sculptural art.





No comments:

Post a Comment