Wednesday, March 18, 2015

What


“What” by the artist Ray Huston has to be one of my all time favorite sculpture in the valley. There was a similar sculpture there before, but this one is better in my opinion. I love the lines and the way that it is so life like. Every time my sister and I go for a walk we have to make it to “What” because we love it so much. There is just something about it that speaks to me. It makes me want to do art again or maybe write a poem. It just speaks to my soul. I also like the transition that is made over the winter. The first photo is of it in summer/fall of 2014 and the other photos are of it in winter/spring of 2015. You can see that it is starting to discolor and I really love that. It makes me feel like he is alive. He is made of steel. I just really enjoy this piece.






No comments:

Post a Comment