Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Family Till Death


Family is something that is extremely important to me. Recently I have realized just how easily the lives of those I love could be lost. My grandmother’s heath has greatly decreased in the last six months and it has made me look at my family differently. There are people that are my family that I am a bit sad to say I am related to. They have done things in their lives that I do not personally agree with and it has become very apparent to me that they will never change, if anything they will get worse with age. They are family nonetheless and I would be sad if anything was to happen to them. There is a quote from Antigone that makes me realize that no matter what you may do in life you are still family in death. “Yes, they were brother, one blood, father and mother, the same as mine. Eteokles is dead: he will not say I have rejected him.” (page 41) Everyone has family that they are embarrassed of or wish they were not related to, but at the end of the day family is family.

No comments:

Post a Comment